Here are 8 things to know about him.
- He was born on Christmas Day – December 25, 1930.
- He was the first son Chief Epete Ibru family of Agbarha-Otor in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State.
- He was the head of the vast Ibru clan and organization.
- He attended Igbobi College, and acquired a school certificate in 1951.
- He joined the United African Company, as a management trainee after his secondary education and dropped out in 1956 to start Laibru, in a corporate entity in partnership with Jimmy Large, an expatriate.
- He was the pioneer of frozen fish trading in Nigeria. In the mid-1960s trading fish became the traditional money maker for the Ibru organization.
- He was one the richest Nigerians in the 80s.
- He was a business magnate. He created several businesses and firms in the tourism, agriculture, and other sectors of the economy.
- He died yesterday Sept 6th 2016